You can add your own custom wikis in Wikipanion Plus by clicking the Wiki selector button in the left side of the search bar, and choosing "Manage Wikis." Then select the "Custom" option and enter the URL to your wiki's api.php file.
You should follow the following MediaWiki configuration instructions:
- Enable the option $wgEnableOpenSearchSuggest
- Make sure there are no rewrite rules that add a title parameter to incoming request.
- Double check your wiki's mediawiki version number: http://www.yourwiki.com/Special:Version
- Try to access your wiki's search results directly: http://www.yourwiki.com/api.php?action=opensearch&search=te&format=xml&suggest
Are results returned? (try changing the search term to match the title of a page in your wiki). If no results are returned then you did not enable $wgEnableOpenSearchSuggest.
- Access the returned page directly: http://www.yourwiki.com/api.php?action=parse&page=Test (choose a page that exists on your wiki). If you see an error near the top that says "he page parameter cannot be used together with the text and title parameters" then you are adding incompatible apache url rewrite rules.